Does your current skincare regime include a monthly facial treatment? Do you invest time and effort into maintaining regular skincare routines? If not, it’s never too late to start taking good and proper care of your skin…
Unfortunately, facing our current economic state, getting a facial is commonly seen as something you do only when you want to treat yourself, or as a luxury service whose benefits are reserved for only the “rich and famous” who can afford it (let’s be honest, it can be a little pricey at times) but treating yourself to a facial every month boasts a number of benefits and also decreases your chances of having to dish out money for expensive procedures, injections, products or even make-up.
A facial is essentially a multi-step skin treatment that is one of the best ways to take care of your skin.
We spoke to the owners, Mariette and Carla from SkinPhd Queenswood, who broke down all the benefits of regular facials exclusively for our readers.
1. Rehydrates your skin – We use the best technology and most advanced ingredients in our products to rehydrate the skin. This will help to improve skin elasticity, which will reduce the appearance of wrinkles.
2. Helps slow down premature ageing – Collagen stimulation is the best way to slow down premature ageing, therefore collagen induction therapy is an extremely good facial procedure to do. This incorporates micro-needling technology in order to remodel your skin. A vitamin-rich Pomegranate mask is applied to help soothe the skin.
3. Unclogs pores – Pores need to be unclogged to prevent acne and scarring to the skin. Regular deep cleansing treatments and exfoliation play a very vital role in unclogging pores. Your pores can become clogged for a number of reasons – excess oil resulting from hormonal changes, dry skin, a build-up of dead skin cells, or dirt and oil becoming stuck beneath the surface.
4. Improve imperfections – skin imperfections can be improved with our range of advanced skin facials and peels. We all have those little imperfections that we don’t want, such as acne scars, blemishes, beauty spots and pigmentation.
5. Maintains healthy skin – New skin cells are produced every 28 days. In order to maintain healthy skin, the correct products and treatments should be done every 28 days in order to maintain healthy and vibrant skin. Facials are hugely beneficial for this.
Carla and Mariette recommend that women have a professional facial every three to four weeks. That’s how long it takes your skin to move through the full life cycle of skin cell growth and exfoliation.
They highly suggest the “Retinol Surge” treatment, a treatment formulated with pure Retinol to help give your skin’s metabolism the boost it needs to reveal more supple, smooth and tightened skin. This will only set you back R620 a month, which in our eyes is pretty reasonable.
“Products should be used at home in conjunction with our treatments. It is vital to make this part of your daily lifestyle,” they added.
SkinPhd Queenswood offers a wide variety of beauty treatments from massages and waxes to advanced facials and aesthetic beauty treatments.
To make a booking call SkinPhD Queenswood on 087 898 1078.
For more on beauty, check out our beauty section here!